We work with personal and business clients of all sizes.
Over the past twenty-five years we have helped our clients grow their businesses by offering a high level of tailored support.
The team at Simon John Christopher Ltd are able to provide you with a personal and professional solution to all of your accounting, financial planning and taxation requirements.
As well as accountancy and tax skills, our qualified and experienced staff also have individual specialisms which enable us to provide clients with a first class tailored service. With our wealth of experience we offer an unparalleled service to all clients, whatever their size or sector.
In addition to traditional accounting and tax services we also provide advice on how to improve and develop your business. Whether you need specialist tax advice or assistance with implementing IT systems such as Sage or QuickBooks we are here to help you achieve your goals. We are happy to discuss your specific service needs.
Should you consider accounting software?
At Simon John Christopher Ltd, we will support you whether you use accounting software, spreadsheet or another method. With the continued advances in software and the digital age in which we now live, most businesses at some point look to accounting software to provide additional benefits.
The benefits of accounting software:
- Invoicing – making timely and professional invoicing, with more and more software now being cloud based this is becoming easier to do whilst you are on the move.
- Direct Data – with online banking providing either direct feed or download to import into the software, thus enabling you to reduce time spent inputting data.
- Integration – with payroll and stock and point of sale software.
- Cloud based – adds additional benefits for access of data both on the move and with your accountant, with backup and data security being built in as standard giving you one less thing to worry about.
Having access to support when you need it is vital to your business both to survive and to grow, at Simon John Christopher Ltd we have a wealth of knowledge within our accounts and tax teams and are here to help.
We can help you with:
- VAT requirements – at your premises or our offices we can support you with your existing setup or help make necessary changes to keep your business record keeping so it keeps pace with the changing times and the businesses growth.
- Payroll – we can help you with the day to day running of your payroll whether it be outsourced to us or just assistance when you need it. With the implementation of Real Time Information, HMRC require information generally on or before the payment date. Auto-Enrolment services ares also provided we can do the whole setup for you and are there to support you through implementation and continued compliance.
- CIS – a specialist service for those within the Construction Industry we offer advice for both contractor and sub-contractor alike. We can maintain the monthly returns providing deduction certificates and advise on areas which are caught by CIS.
- Liaise with bank and financial institutions – whether you are looking to borrow money to further your business or take out a mortgage we can support you through the required proof of earnings.
At Simon John Christopher Ltd we provide tax advisory services to privately owned businesses regardless of the size of your business.
Our tax team have the capability to assist you; they can help with a range of taxes and allowances as well as assisting you to comply with your taxation obligations. We work with our clients to develop the most appropriate strategy for your circumstances.
We will help you meet your tax obligations and assist with matters including:
- Capital Allowances
- Employer Responsibilities
- Indirect Taxes
- Tax Investigations
At Simon John Christopher Ltd our tax team can provide you with year-round advice and deal with all aspects of self assessment, taking away the strain and helping you to comply with your responsibilities.
We can provide you with practical advice on personal tax, completing the tax return on your behalf, calculating the tax liability and advising you accordingly.
Our consultants with their national reputation as advisers in respect of Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance Tax can provide you with the best advice available.
This allows you to view an up to date picture of your tax position.
We are available to assist you in ensuring your tax summary is correct and you are not over – or underpaying – tax.
Simon John Christopher Ltd is here to help you with the formalities and practicalities of setting up in business, leaving you to develop the seeds to succeed.
Whether it be registering as self employed or incorporating as a company, we are here to help.
We aim to offer you a straight forward no nonsense practical approach and as your business grows we are able to take care of all your accountancy requirements so you can concentrate on your business.
At Simon John Christopher Ltd we can take the hassle out of the increasingly complex area of payroll, whether that be by running your payroll for you or just being there when you need assistance.
With Real Time Information (RTI) requirements employers must now share information with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) on-or-before payments are made to employees.
By outsourcing payroll you benefit from a cost effective and secure service which gives you peace of mind.
- Set up an Employers’ Scheme with HMRC for you.
- Manage your payroll – calculating your employees’ net pay, reporting figures and information to HMRC and providing you with payslips for your employees.
- Keep track of employees holiday entitlement.
- Calculate sick, paternity or maternity leave.
- Payroll benefits.
Simon John Christopher Ltd can provide you support and ensure you comply with all your compliance duties.
Auto enrolment legislation requires employers across the UK to automatically enroll certain workers into a qualifying workplace pension scheme.
Our payroll software makes offering a pension simple.
Monitoring the ages and earnings of your staff
Managing request to join or leave your pension scheme
Re-enrolling every three years any staff who have left your pension scheme
Maintaining the necessary records to remain compliant
At Simon John Christopher Ltd we provide an efficient, cost-effective VAT service, which includes:
- Assistance with VAT registration
- Advice on VAT planning and administration
- Use of the most appropriate scheme
- VAT control and reconciliation
- Help with completing VAT returns
Making Tax Digital (MTD) will ultimately effect businesses, individuals and landlords creating challenges that we at Simon John Christopher Ltd can help you overcome.
What is Making Tax Digital (MTD)?
Making Tax Digital (MTD) is an HMRC initiative that will revolutionise the UK tax system and ultimately bring an end to self-assessment.
The primary aim of Making Tax Digital is to make tax administration more affective, efficient, and easier for taxpayers through the implementation of a fully digitalised tax system by 2020, whilst also reducing HMRC’s overheads for managing tax affairs.
The changes apply to a wide range of taxpayers, including most businesses, self-employed professionals, and landlords. This ‘new and improved’ tax system will require the majority of business owners to maintain digital records using compatible software.
If you are unsure if your business needs to comply to MTD we can advise you.
If you are currently using spreadsheets, these are accepted as digital records for MTD purposes, but they will need to be uploaded to appropriate software.
You may wish to consider adopting accounting software instead but if you continue to use spreadsheets we can upload the data using our MTD software and report your results quarterly, to HMRC on your behalf.
If you are using existing software make sure it is MTD compatible, if you are unsure or have a question talk to us and we can advise on the appropriate ways forward.
We will be please to assist you with your Making Tax Digital obligations.
Simon John Christopher Ltd work with many farming businesses who need specialist accounting knowledge, such as tax issues concerning farmhouses, succession planning and VAT advice to name but a few.
Within the team, Simon John Christopher Ltd have professionals with many years of agricultural expertise and we have a strong reputation for working with new and established businesses.
T W Wrixon and Sons